Want to meet an inspirational wee man with Aspergers? Meet Finn.
Asperger’s Children are not born with great motor skills!
- but that you can work at by getting him access to weight bearing exercise
- we bought yoga ball, climbing frame, a trampoline – with strong surround.
- we paved an area at the side of the house and have nets there for football, and basketball
- we enrolled him for 1-2-1 tennis lessons – NOT to be Rafa Nadal, but to develop hand eye co-ordination.
- we got swimming lessons, as one of the serious problems was Fionn’s total lack of awareness of safety and danger. He always felt he could swim, and now that he has learned he is strangely more natural and relaxed in water than on land!
- the tennis skills developed, but during round robin competitions he had no competitive inkling, and the…
View original post 1,000 more words