Positive # 2 Gossiping


Well it had never been given the true credit it deserves I feel. I mean if I think back to secondary school the best thing about it overwhelmingly was being able to spend the entire day with your best friends – ooh and possibly a guy who had danced with you at the St Patricks day Ceili might sit beside you in Maths.

In our working life I became someone with temporary friends. I mean they were the ones that changed every time you changed jobs. Dont get me wrong I kept adding to my friends over the years, but I did spend my days with people I worked with as opposed to people I liked.

Now I can meet friends for coffee, chat with the mammy’s at school, meet up for a pizza any old evening. I find the chat uplifting. Most of my days I feel 90% sure that I am in the transition of a life change and this is al going to pan out. The other 10% I feel it is going ‘down’ another pan altogether! So when I meet other women (and the token one Daddy – yes we are in a ‘R’ now – I cant bring myself to say the word…please?) at school and we go for coffee I feel a kinship, a warmth a commeraderie that I havent felt since I was at school.

I feel stronger and more upbeat around those mammys who have become my close friends now. If I have something worrying me, I know who to go to. Its like having four or five mothers myself. And believe me with both my parents gone I REALLY appreciate that support.

So GO GOSSIPING – its sharing, its uplifting – its a truly positive energy. (was that too new agey? Or a bit ‘women unite?’ – answers via email please 🙂 )

About joanniemitchell

An enforced lady of leisure. A Lady who cant afford to lunch! I was in Corporate Sales for Global Entertainment Company until 17th January when I had the phone call - 'Meet me in the office with HR'. Now am pursuing my Masters in Professional Writing and looking on the upside after Redundancy.
This entry was posted in fired, funny, kids, new writer, Positive, redundancy, Uncategorized, witty, writer, writing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Positive # 2 Gossiping

  1. Olivia says:

    Don’t like the woman unite idea at all… it turns my stomach really, but that might be because I recently attended a luncheon for Irish-American woman… I have written them off any future events for me. About 200 woman & at least 75 of them rolling their eyes & dying to walk out… the whole Girl Power not for me!!!

  2. Okay Olivia – I mostly felt like you too – but I think as my kids attend an Educate Together, with mammys from all over -France, Spain, Italy, Nigeria, South Africa and Dunboyne! They have all lived different place and have an open friendly, no BS, honest manner. So for the first time I feel like I am among kindred spirits!

    But I have been to lunchs like you – where personally I left feeling like a worthless, ugly, poor person. I suppose only thing is to value what is good and worthwhile and ignore/dump what is not 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s